Friday 21 December 2012

A Study in Scarlet

In addition to my two books for this month I have been doing some reading on the Kindle app on my phone while I rock my daughter to sleep.  I've managed to get through the first of the 'Sherlock Holmes" novels, A Study in Scarlet.  I won't do a proper review because Arthur Conan Doyle's work is too long established as classic for my opinion to be of any great consequence, but I will say this:  how good is it?!?!?!

No, really.  I so often struggle with the 'classics' because they're so much more wordier and heavier than modern novels.  As a rule they seem much more content to plod along at a slower pace.  Not so with good ol' Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson!  It's just so witty and light and entertaining and mysterious and fascinating.  I splurged and spent a whole 99 cents to get the complete works.  Make no mistake, I will get through them all. 

Four very happy stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment